Alcohol tincture of ginseng, made from the root of this plant, has found application in both women and men. You can find a lot of positive reviews about this drug, because bringing a minimum of harm to the body, the medicine contains a large number of useful substances. The healing properties of the plant affect the cardiovascular, nervous, endocrine and genitourinary system, so the lists of indications and contraindications are extensive.
What is ginseng tincture
Alcohol tincture from ginseng root is a dietary supplement, but it does not apply to vitamins and habitual dietary supplements (dietary supplements). So, in order not to harm health, it is necessary to consult a doctor before using the drug. This is especially true in situations where a child will take tincture. If the instructions for use are not followed, the medicine can cause insomnia up to a chronic form, bleeding and other harm.
Indications for use
The drug has a number of useful properties that have an effect on most organs and the body as a whole, so the list of indications for use is extensive:
- asthenic condition;
- metabolic disorders;
- increased mental stress;
- eye diseases;
- prevention and recovery from viral diseases;
- muscle and joint pain;
- problems with the cardiovascular system;
- digestive disorders;
- oncological diseases;
- high physical activity;
- diseases of sexual functions;
- poor performance;
The active substance of the tincture is ginseng root, which contains essential oils, tannins, a large amount of B vitamins. In addition, the plant contains pectin, resins, ascorbic acid. Ginsenin glycoside lowers sugar levels, panaxin tones blood vessels, and panaxen essential oil soothes the nervous system. In addition to ginseng root, the tincture contains 70% ethanol alcohol.
Benefit and harm
Useful properties of tincture of ginseng root is a tonic, tonic, hypoglycemic, adaptogenic, hypertensive effect. At the same time, with improper use or overdose, the plant components of the drug can harm the body and lead to:
- metabolic disorders;
- pain in the chest and lower abdomen;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- loss of appetite;
- increased arousal, aggression;
- bowel irritation;
- a strong increase in blood pressure;
- sleep disorder;
Useful properties for men
The content of active substances in tincture of ginseng root makes the drug an indispensable tool for men:
- Ginseng roots are used to increase potency. The plant acts on blood vessels and normalizes blood circulation, which contributes to a better erection.
- Ginseng reduces headaches by neutralizing them.
- Tincture of Eleutherococcus (Siberian Ginseng) is prescribed to improve well-being after taking alcohol. The plant is considered an effective way to bring yourself to normal with a hangover.
- Helps the body in the prevention of certain types of cancer: cutaneous, hepatic, pulmonary.
- Stimulates the nervous system, eliminating overwork, stress disorders and nervous exhaustion.
- Ginseng roots and leaves increase efficiency.
Useful properties for women
The components contained in the roots of the plant have a positive effect on the whole body, so the drug has many useful properties for women:
- Strengthens the immune system. All products based on ginseng, whether it is decoctions, tinctures or other types, are used to prevent viral diseases.
- Increases blood pressure.
- Relieves fatigue and gives strength.
- Stimulates sex hormones that increase libido.
- Lowers blood cholesterol to the required level. This prevents the occurrence of diseases of the cardiovascular system and reduces the risk of heart attack.
- Lowers blood sugar, which makes the drug necessary for patients with diabetes.
- Improves the condition of the skin, hair, nails. Ginseng tincture strengthens hair follicles, stops hair loss and stimulates hair growth. The skin becomes more elastic, wrinkles are smoothed, redness disappears.
- Increases physical performance.
- It stimulates the appetite, but the roots of the medicinal plant are able to improve metabolism and burn body fat.
- It has a positive effect on the emotional background. Using ginseng tincture relieves stress and prevents the development of depression. The plant improves mood and gives an energy boost.
How to use
For effective use, you need to know how to drink ginseng tincture. If there are no special restrictions for taking the plant, tincture can be taken for a long time without interruption of treatment. For preventive purposes, the use of the drug occurs 1-2 times a day and lasts from a month to one and a half, and then you should take a break for a month. In any case, the duration of the course of treatment should be determined by the doctor. Self-treatment will not lead to anything good.
Instructions for use of ginseng tincture
Method of application, dosage and other features of treatment with ginseng root tincture depend on age and gender. Before using the drug, you need to consult with doctors even with preventive treatment. Courses should be periodic so as not to harm the body with continuous use. Since the medicine has a tonic effect, its use in the afternoon should be limited in order to avoid sleep disorders.
When using the finished tincture, one should rely on the method of application, which is indicated on the package of the drug or prescribed by a doctor. The following is considered the most common: 20 drops half an hour before meals 2 times a day. The course lasts 1 month, and after that you need to take a break for 1 month too. If necessary, treatment is repeated. The naturalness of the components of the tincture allows you to use the drug for a long time.
Ginseng drugs are popular among women. They use it for external and internal use, the benefits of both methods are obvious. Ginseng alcohol infusion can be added to hair masks, which will help accelerate growth and strengthen hair follicles, give shine and softness. The internal method of taking the medication is to use 15-20 drops 1-2 times a day. The course of treatment lasts 1-1.5 months, and after that the corresponding break lasts.
Depending on the purpose of the ginseng tincture, its dosage will vary. So, if the desired effect is of a medicinal nature, it is recommended daily to drink 25 drops of the drug 3 times a day half an hour before a meal. For preventive treatment, the drug is recommended to be applied 15 drops 2 times a day before meals. There is also a homeopathic regimen where the dosage starts with 1 drop and increases by 1 every day. After reaching 30 drops per day, the process continues in reverse order.
The drug has a tonic and stimulating effect, which is not always good. This property can provoke and contribute to the exacerbation of certain diseases. This explains the following list of contraindications for use:
- thyroid disease with hyperfunction;
- poor blood coagulation and bleeding;
- any diseases of an infectious nature in an acute form;
- mental pathology;
- increased nervous irritability;
- diseases of the central nervous system (central nervous system);
- chronic liver disease;
- purulent inflammation;
- head injuries;
- brain diseases;
- children under 12 years old;
- hypersensitivity to the components.
Ginseng tincture has a strong effect on the body, so the simultaneous administration with certain medications can cause increased side effects or other harm. You can learn more about this from the following table:
- Ginseng root tincture enhances the effect of stimulants and analeptics (caffeine, camphor).
- The simultaneous administration of ginseng and digoxin is possible only under the supervision of a doctor.
- The drug reduces the effect of sleeping pills and antipsychotics.
- Ginseng root tincture helps to increase the clearance of anthelminthic drugs and ethyl alcohol.
- Ginseng has the opposite effect of barbiturates, antiepileptic, anxiolytic drugs.
- Tincture enhances the effect of Warfarin.
How to cook ginseng root at home
You can cook ginseng alcohol infusion at home, observing folk recipes. Some believe that this is the only way to preserve all the beneficial properties of the plant. In pharmacies, there are a large number of drugs with chemistry. There are several recipes for preparing ginseng root tinctures:
- With a dry root. Pour 30 g of the plant crushed to powder with vodka (1 l). Insist for a month, strain. After this, the tincture is used orally for a month and a half, take a break for a month and repeat the course.
- With a fresh root. Rinse the plant under water, and then grind it with a blender until smooth. Pour 100 g of root mixture with a liter of vodka. Insist for a month, occasionally shaking the mixture. Then strain. Tincture should be taken within a month, take a break for 10 days and repeat the course.
- Prescription Chinese medicine. Take the whole ginseng root weighing about 50 g and pour 500 g of vodka into it. Insist a day, warm up to + 50 ° С. After this, mix the tincture and put in a dark place for a week. Consume 20 g of solution by mouth before meals every day.
- On alcohol. Grind the ginseng root, pour it with 40% or 50% alcohol. Insist for a month, strain. The course and break are 1 month.
- On honey. 50 g of the crushed root of this medicinal herb is poured into a liter of linden honey. After the jar with the mixture should be put in a dark place for 2-3 weeks. Used in 1 tsp. per day for a month.
How to choose
Pharmacies sell a lot of alcohol tinctures from ginseng root, so the choice can be difficult. Only those products that are based on environmentally friendly raw materials will benefit. Extracts of this plant are produced in Russia, Canada, China, Korea. The minimum amount of chemical additives in soil and water for growth is used in Russia, so manufacturers from this country use better raw materials. When choosing, pay attention to 2 points. They must comply with the following:
- light brown color without a chemical shade;
- earthy nonspecific smell.
In almost every pharmacy in Moscow, bottles with tincture are sold, which, if necessary, will arrange delivery for you by courier. You can find out the prices of a stimulating drug from the following table.
Ivanovo Pharmaceutical Factory
Moscow Pharmaceutical Factory