A happy time waiting for the baby to be born can be overshadowed by trouble. Hemorrhoids during pregnancy are dangerous for a woman’s health, therefore inflammation of the hemorrhoidal nodes requires mandatory treatment. Why pathology occurs during this period, is it possible to prevent it, and what are the ways for this? Important questions for the future mother, requiring answers. They have to figure it out.
What is hemorrhoids
The development of the disease causes an overflow of blood in the veins in the anus. Stagnant processes in the vessels provoke their expansion, a change that ends with the appearance of pineal-like formations - hemorrhoidal nodes. So they look in the photo. Everything is complicated by the occurrence of blood clots, bleeding. Unpleasant symptoms cause discomfort, especially during pregnancy. The development of hemorrhoids is affected by:
- woman's age;
- number of births.
Hemorrhoids during pregnancy is not a mandatory disease. This is a diagnosis found in men, women at different ages. Changes that occur during pregnancy in the body can lead to its development. Hemorrhoids can be avoided if you do prevention:
- eliminate constipation;
- actively move;
- eat right.
The appearance of nodes on the outside of the anus is characterized by prolonged pain, discomfort. The feeling of fullness, burning, itching accompanies external hemorrhoids during pregnancy. In this form of the disease is observed:
- the development of vascular thrombosis;
- the appearance of blood during bowel movements;
- the formation of tissue necrosis;
- the occurrence of cracks with bleeding;
- swelling of the anus.
In the initial stage, hemorrhoids are treated by applying compresses, lubricating creams, ointments. When prolapse occurs during pregnancy, it is accompanied by severe pain, bleeding, and fever. In such a situation, the treatment procedure is facilitated due to easy access to the problem area. The method of getting rid of complications during pregnancy is the removal of nodes.
This form of the disease is characterized by the formation of hemorrhoidal nodes inside the body, at the exit of the anus. Hemorrhoids signals their appearance with blood on toilet paper. A woman during pregnancy feels that there is a foreign body inside the anus. In this case, she feels discomfort, arise:
- feeling of fullness;
- problems with bowel movements;
When internal hemorrhoids progress during pregnancy, there is an increase in the nodes that narrow the rectum. This leads to problems:
- disturbed movement of feces;
- constipation occurs;
- accumulation of feces causes pain;
- mucosal irritation appears;
- after defecation bleeding forms;
- Discharges occur in the form of drops or streams.
Causes of hemorrhoids during pregnancy
In the first months of pregnancy, the woman’s body begins to prepare the body for the process of gestation and childbirth. Progesterone is produced intensely, which contributes to the relaxation of smooth muscle cells. This helps the muscles to adapt to the increase in fetal size during pregnancy. But the process has another side - at the same time relaxation occurs in the intestines. As a result:
- constipation occurs;
- hemorrhoids develop.
More often the disease occurs in the later stages. Why do pregnant hemorrhoids manifest during this period? The following factors contribute to the occurrence of the problem:
- limited activity;
- pressure of the growing uterus on internal organs;
- pinching of venous vessels;
- stagnation of blood;
- the appearance of constipation;
- exacerbation of gastrointestinal disease;
- eating disorders.
The development of the disease during pregnancy is conditionally divided into three periods, with its own symptoms. It is very important to recognize hemorrhoids and start treatment at an early time, which will help to avoid complications during pregnancy. Features of the initial stage:
- pain at the time of bowel movement;
- slight bleeding;
- mucosal inflammation;
- blood in the stool;
- the appearance of nodes.
With the development of the disease, the symptoms become pronounced, cause greater discomfort. Doctors observe such signs of hemorrhoids during pregnancy:
- Second stage. Appears: pulling pains; loss of nodes; severe burning sensation; discharge with blood, mucus. There is a feeling of incomplete emptying.
- Third stage. It is considered chronic, cannot be completely cured, and requires surgical removal. Causes complications: fever; bleeding thrombosis; unbearable pain.
What is the danger of hemorrhoids during pregnancy
Why is it important not to start the disease, but to begin treatment with the identification of the first signs? Hemorrhoids and pregnancy - what problems are possible in this combination? In addition to the feeling of discomfort, constipation and microcracks occur. Hemorrhoids can provoke during pregnancy:
- the development of inflammation in neighboring organs;
- accumulation of constipation toxins affecting the fetus;
- bleeding anemia;
- fetal infection due to inflammation;
- pathology of the genitourinary system;
- oxygen starvation due to anemia;
- birth problems.
In the early stages
The appearance of hemorrhoids in the first trimester is rarely observed. When it occurs, there are no dangers for the course of pregnancy and the development of the child. The threat is the complications that have appeared - anal fistulas, thrombosis of the nodes, purulent inflammation. With this development of events, hemorrhoids in early pregnancy can cause:
- the appearance of severe pain;
- temperature increase;
- the development of sepsis;
- violation of the cellular nutrition of the child;
- circulatory disorder in the placenta;
In late terms
With the growth of the fetus, the symptoms of hemorrhoids intensify, which can lead to unpleasant consequences. In the last trimester of pregnancy, the development of dangerous processes for a woman, a fetus is possible. It is not excluded:
- the appearance of necrosis;
- the occurrence of an infection provoking swelling of the perineum;
- a decrease in hemoglobin, causing inhibition in the formation of the child.
Hemorrhoids in late pregnancy are dangerous due to complications of labor. Often this situation requires the use of cesarean section, long-term recovery after childbirth. With the progression of hemorrhoids, the suffering of a woman increases as a result of:
- toughening pain when passing through the birth canal;
- proliferation of the inflammatory process;
- infringement, rupture of nodes;
- increased bleeding;
- weakening of the body.
Hemorrhoids during pregnancy - what to do
A woman in such a situation should remain calm. You can not self-medicate, only a doctor will provide qualified assistance. What to do with hemorrhoids in pregnant women? With the development of the disease, you will need:
- normalize stool;
- adjust power;
- increase physical activity;
- hygiene carefully;
- do sedentary baths with herbal infusions;
- apply rectal suppositories;
- use externally creams, ointments;
- take pills as prescribed by a doctor.
During pregnancy, a woman's taste preferences change, which leads to the abuse of junk food. No matter how much you want salty or sour, with hemorrhoids it is worth sticking to a diet. Its main task is the regulation of the intestines, the prevention of constipation. In the diet, the presence of:
- fiber foods - vegetables, fruits;
- lean meat;
- dairy products;
- dried fruits;
- pearl barley, oatmeal.
Nutrition for pregnant women with hemorrhoids should be organized in such a way as to exclude products that provoke the development of constipation, difficulty in passing food, and filling the pelvic veins with blood. Among them are:
- high-calorie dairy products;
- alcoholic drinks;
- spicy, spicy food;
- fat meat;
- canned food;
- black bread;
The tasks that gymnastics for pregnant women solve when hemorrhoids appear are to reduce venous stagnation and improve bowel function. It is important to increase the tone of the muscles of the anus. Exercises do 5 times. Standing legs wider than shoulders:
- Raise your hands in front of you. Turn the body to the right, without taking your feet off, take your right hand back. Go back, repeat the other way.
- Clasp your hands in front of you into the castle. Rotate to the sides, taking your arms as far away as possible.
Exercises for hemorrhoids for pregnant women in the supine position are recommended for the first two trimesters, performed 7 times:
- On the back, hands along the body. Bend your knees, pull them to your stomach, straighten.
- On the right side. Bend your arm at the elbow, put your head on it. Pull the knee of the left leg to the stomach, straighten it. Do the exercise on the other side.
Treatment for hemorrhoids during pregnancy
You can get rid of the manifestation of the disease during pregnancy only under the supervision of a doctor. It is very convenient that the location of the hemorrhoidal nodes allows treatment without harm to the baby. With early diagnosis of hemorrhoids, ointments, creams, suppositories that help during pregnancy are effective:
- strengthen the walls of the veins;
- relieve inflammation;
- eliminate blood clots;
- to dry;
- stop the bleeding;
- narrow the vessels.
How to treat hemorrhoids? With the development of the disease, especially in the later stages of pregnancy, during therapy, a medicine is prescribed - Detralex tablets. In severe situations, with severe bleeding, prolapse of nodes, surgical methods are indicated:
- sclerotherapy - the management of substances that fasten the walls of the veins;
- ligation - jamming of a node by an instrument before it dies;
- infrared coagulation;
- laser moxibustion.
One of the most effective methods of treating hemorrhoids during pregnancy is the use of rectal suppositories. With a healing effect, they act locally, without causing a negative effect on the fetus. The use should occur as directed by the gynecologist - there are indications for the use of funds in certain trimesters. Popular drugs during pregnancy:
- Relief Advance - increases local immunity, heals cracks, relieves inflammation;
- Natalside is an antiseptic, eliminates burning sensation, reduces pain.
Differ in the effectiveness of suppositories from hemorrhoids for pregnant women:
- methyluracil - stop bleeding, carry out cell regeneration, anesthetize;
- sea buckthorn - quickly heal, sea buckthorn oil - a natural antibiotic;
- glyceric - effective at the initial stage in late pregnancy, heal wounds, have a laxative property;
- with propolis - reduce pain, destroy bacteria, viruses, restore microflora;
- ichthyol - relieve edema, stop bleeding.
- with papaverine - eliminate spasms, normalize stool.
If hemorrhoids are diagnosed in time, in the first trimester of pregnancy, ointments are prescribed, which should be smeared at bedtime at the anus. They differ in their action, therefore, they require the appointment of a doctor, taking into account the symptoms of hemorrhoids. In medicine, it is practiced during pregnancy to fight the disease with an ointment:
- Hamamelis - tones veins, relieves inflammation;
- Proctosedyl - disinfects, anesthetizes, restores blood vessels.
It is safe and effective to use in the treatment of hemorrhoids ointment for pregnant women:
- Heparin - prevents thrombosis, resolves blood clots;
- Ichthyol - disinfects, dries, improves blood circulation;
- Vishnevsky ointment - accelerates regeneration, heals;
- Fleming ointment - strengthens the walls of veins, dries, anesthetizes;
- Levomekol - heals wounds, relieves inflammation.
How to treat folk remedies
The use of natural products in the treatment of pregnancy requires agreement with a doctor. Folk remedies for hemorrhoids at home are used in various forms. Make candles from raw potatoes, use cold lotions. For hygienic procedures, use a decoction of calendula. For sedentary baths make herbal infusion:
- to collect a mixture of equal parts of flowers of a pharmaceutical camomile, leaves of a plantain, nettle;
- put 5 spoons;
- pour boiling water - 2 liters;
- insist two hours;
- add water up to five liters.
A woman planning a pregnancy needs to be prepared so that when she is expecting a baby, she does not have hemorrhoids. A number of activities are recommended for this. Since constipation is one of the main causes of the disease, doctors advise:
- to establish the work of the intestine;
- follow a diet rich in fiber;
- increase the tone of the muscles of the anus with special gymnastics.
Prevention of hemorrhoids during pregnancy includes the following measures:
- hygiene with cool water after bowel movements;
- physiotherapy exercises to eliminate venous stasis;
- the elimination of hypothermia;
- cold irrigation of the anus;
- limitation of sedentary work;
- the exception of long walks;
- elimination of long standing.
Alexandra, 32 years old. I did not think that the joy of pregnancy would turn into a nightmare. Due to severe pain in the anus, there was such a fear that I would lose a child! To constipation was added blood in the feces. An excellent remedy for hemorrhoids during pregnancy helped - Natalsid suppositories. A week later, it became much better. At birth, the nodes got out, but a miracle daughter saw the light.
Elizabeth, 38 years old Hemorrhoids appeared during the first pregnancy and left terrible memories, so I started to prepare for the second in advance. I did exercises, followed a diet, although I was drawn to salt. Until the last days, my husband and I went for hour walks. The result pleased - the pregnancy passed without complications and the hero was born!
Irina, 41 years old. After the first birth, nodes got out that she could not cure for a long time. Since the plans had a second pregnancy, she agreed to the operation. They did laser coagulation. A year later, I became pregnant. The whole period passed without problems, ate a lot of vegetables so that there were no constipation, I tried to move more. As a result, my daughter had a brother.