Subcutaneous fat, which delivers an unaesthetic appearance to the figure, is just the tip of the iceberg. The greatest danger is obesity of internal organs, especially the liver. This is a very serious disease, which can only be detected in a clinical setting. If you are overweight, then now you need to take the measure and begin its active decline.
Obesity of the liver - what is it
Obesity, hepatosis, fatty degeneration, adiposis of the liver are the names of the same chronic disease, which is characterized by excessive fatty deposits in the liver. Fatty liver hepatosis is qualified according to severity:
- initial stage - Small inclusions of fat are noted only in individual liver cells.
- First stage - Large deposits of adipose tissue accumulate in certain areas of the liver.
- Second degree - Almost all liver cells are affected.
- Third degree - diffuse obesity with the formation of cysts, inside which fat accumulates.
To find out how to get rid of obesity of the liver, you need to find out for what reasons adiposis occurs and what treatment methods exist in medicine. The causes of liver obesity are as follows:
- Excessive alcohol consumption. Methanol disrupts metabolism, destroys liver cells, and as a result, the body begins to accumulate adipose tissue cells, replacing them with its own.
- Fasting with rapid weight loss or eating fatty foods can equally lead to fatty degeneration. The likelihood of developing the disease increases with a sedentary lifestyle.
- Toxins Pathology can be caused by pesticides, poisonous mushrooms, some drugs whose active substances are methotrexate, tetracycline, estrogen.
- Metabolic disorders in conditions such as diabetes mellitus, pregnancy, Reye's syndrome, Konovalov-Wilson's disease, Weber-Christian disease.
Smoking against the background of other factors only exacerbates the risks. Rare, but there are cases when hepatosis is endogenous in nature and develops as a result of enteritis and pancreatitis in severe form. Among other things, hepatosis can be provoked by a deficiency of protein and vitamins in the diet, excess iron, chronic intoxication, hypovitaminosis, and general obesity of the human body.
Obesity in the liver - symptoms
Symptoms of liver obesity are not pronounced, so most patients seek medical help even when the disease is severely neglected. You can identify the disease using a comprehensive examination in a clinic. Severity with the right hypochondrium, this is perhaps the only tangible symptom of hepatosis.
Each stage of hepatosis has its own symptoms:
- In the initial and first stages hepatosis can be detected by analysis of hepatic transaminases (inconstancy of the enzymes AlAT and AsAT).
- In the second stage the symptoms are aggravated. It feels heaviness on the right side, discomfort in the abdomen, palpable significant organ enlargement. On ultrasound, an altered liver density is noticeable.
- In the third stage the patient feels frequent nausea, aching, dull pains in the stomach and on the right under the ribs, a feeling of fullness, flatulence (constant rumbling). Tormented by constipation or loose stools, digestive problems.
The basis of the diagnosis is still palpation in the right hypochondrium, and then the doctor’s suggestions are supplemented by MRI, CT, angiography, ultrasound, liver enzyme analyzes, and serological studies to exclude the possibility of viral hepatitis. The whole process is conducted by a gastroenterologist, therefore, at the first symptoms of an ailment, consult a doctor immediately.
The treatment of liver obesity is complex, it includes both the drug part and a number of preventive measures that the patient must observe:
- Normalize lifestyle.
- Adhere to diet therapy and vitamin therapy with the inclusion of ascorbic acid.
- Increase physical activity.
- To cleanse the liver by fasting, arranging fasting days.
- Normalize metabolism using fractional nutrition.
- Reduce weight by an average of 2 kg per month.
Medications for obesity of the liver
In the process of recovery, you can not do without drug therapy. The following medications will help normalize the work of the liver:
- Hepatoprotective drugs: Essential Forte, Berlition, Essliver. These drugs improve liver function, stimulate its work.
- Sulfamic acid preparations: taurine, methionine. Obesity liver pills help process fats.
- Blood lipid lowering drugs (cholesterol-lowering drugs): Atoris, Vasilip, nicotinic acid, Crestor.
- Plant-based hepatoprotectors: Liv-52, Carsil (based on milk thistle), artichoke extract, turmeric extract, sorrel extract, hepabene, cholagol and others.
- Antioxidant vitamins: tocopherol (Vitamin E), retinol (Vitamin A).
- B vitamins (B2 - riboflavin, B9 - folic acid).
You can treat the liver at home with the help of herbal preparations offered by pharmacy chains or prepared with your own hands. Treatment of liver obesity with folk remedies is effective, but despite the apparent harmlessness of herbal decoctions, you must first consult a doctor. List of plants beneficial for the liver:
- corn bolls;
- strawberry leaf;
- sandy immortelle inflorescences;
- forest sushnitsa;
- birch leaves;
- juniper fruit;
- Dill seeds;
- inflorescences of calendula.
A powerful remedy for fatty liver is oats. To prepare the infusion, you need 250 grams of oats (not cereal), 50 grams of birch and lingonberry leaves, 3.5 liters of water. Mix all the ingredients and refrigerate for a day. The finished infusion must be diluted with a decoction of wild rose and knotweed, drink 50 ml warm before meals. So repeat 10 days, with each next day to drink 50 ml more than the previous one. During treatment with oats, exclude any meat from the diet. It is useful to constantly adhere to a special diet on the path to recovery.
Diet for obesity of the liver
Diet for obesity of the liver is recommended No. 5. The basis of the diet:
- protein products (not fatty meat, fish, seafood) for cell regeneration;
- various cereals (cereals), rice, cottage cheese;
- more vegetables, fruits, berries and bran to enrich the body with dietary fiber, pectin. The choleretic effect is possessed by carrots and pumpkins, all varieties of cabbage;
- water regime (drink 2 liters of water per day);
- fruit drinks;
- dairy drinks.
Vegetables can be stewed, boiled, cooked in a slow cooker, baked in the oven and consumed raw, fried is excluded. Completely remove fat milk, cream, cheeses, alcoholic beverages, fast carbohydrates (bread, muffins, pasta, sweets, sweet water), mayonnaise, sausages, butter from the diet. Limit the use of broilers, they are grown with the use of substances that are harmful to the liver.
What threatens liver obesity in adults
Adipose obesity in adults is easy to treat if the above rules are followed. If you neglect them and continue to lead an unhealthy lifestyle, drink, smoke, eat a lot, then hepatosis will go into fibrosis, and then into the terminal stage - cirrhosis, possibly hardening of the liver with scarring of healthy cells, development of liver failure, cancer. The consequences in 30% of all patients with hepatosis are the development of hepatitis. Liver diseases can lead to a decrease in immunity, hormonal imbalance, intoxication, and another imbalance in the body.
If the doctor has made an unfavorable diagnosis, then one must be prepared for serious, long-term complex therapy. A magic pill that will relieve the disease at a time has not yet been found. We must make every effort - diet, medicine, physical education, alternative treatment. If you do everything the doctor says, the first results will be visible in a month. For a complete restoration of the liver, several months of complex therapy will be required.
Learn more about fatty liver hepatosis.Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.