In their pursuit of beauty, women are prepared for many sacrifices, including pain. Smooth and delicate skin is one of the components of an ideal image, but the procedures in the salons are not on the list of opportunities for every girl. A solution to the problem may be waxing at home, but not everything is so simple, because this process has its own rules. Do you know hair removal technology in this way? The instructions below will help you get perfectly smooth skin on any part of the body.
Pros and Cons of Waxing
Today, waxing both at home and in the salon came from ancient times, while maintaining its popularity. In another way, this method of removing unwanted hairs is called waxing. It has several undeniable advantages:
- Frequent use leads to a slowdown in hair growth. They become softer and less thick.
- Removes hair on any part of the body.
- It requires minimal time.
- It is a cheaper and affordable way to eliminate hairs.
- It can be carried out independently, and not in expensive salons.
- Provides a lasting result, which reduces the cost of this procedure.
- With the right technique, it does not irritate the skin.
Even such a convenient and affordable method to achieve skin smoothness has its drawbacks:
- Every girl, especially with sensitive skin, will feel the pain of the procedure.
- A manifestation of an allergic reaction is possible.
- Often hair ingrowth occurs due to lack of strength of new cannon hairs to break through the skin. Because of this, they begin to grow parallel to her.
- The method works only with a certain length of hair, so you have to grow them to 0.5-1 cm.
- Some hairs break and do not pull out completely.
- There is a list of contraindications.
How to do waxing
The procedure for waxing at home is to apply it to a pre-warmed skin area. Penetrating into the epidermis, it envelops the hair and solidifies with it. After the wax finally becomes hard, it is removed, and together with the hair root. As a result, the process of hair regrowth slows down for 3-6 weeks. The term depends on the individual characteristics of the body.
Special care requires hair removal in the bikini zone, because there the skin has the highest sensitivity. First you need to stock up on the necessary materials. Buy bikini wax by checking the packaging for special wipes or strips and a spatula. In addition, prepare a powder or talcum powder, a disinfectant and a moisturizer. The last 2 may be alcohol and regular cream. It is better to carry out epilation 5 days after the end of menstruation, when the body is less susceptible to pain.
The sequence of hair removal in the deep bikini area is as follows:
- along the line of underwear;
- upper labia;
- anus area.
After preparation, proceed to the epilation itself:
- Steam the skin in the groin area under a hot shower or bath.
- Dry and then wipe with alcohol.
- Trim too long hair, because it can get tangled in wax.
- Conveniently lay out the necessary tools.
- Preheat the wax in a water bath, just do not make it too hot for the first time. His condition must be semi-liquid.
- Sit back, do not forget to spread the sheet.
- Apply a layer of wax with a spatula on the skin with a thickness of 3-4 mm and an area of about 2 cm2. This is enough to pick up a waxy piece and provide minimal pain.
- Wait 3-5 seconds for the wax to harden.
- Pick up the wax cake so that you can grab and pull it better.
- Pull sharply along the body and be sure against hair growth, holding the skin so that it does not reach for the wax.
Home hair removal of the hands is carried out almost in the same way as for the bikini zone:
- Prepare the skin by washing, drying and treating with a disinfectant.
- Heat the wax to the consistency of liquid honey. Do not overheat it, the maximum temperature is about 42 degrees. Or focus on your feelings - the wax should be as warm as the skin will be comfortable.
- Apply warmed wax in thin strips on hands in the direction coinciding with hair growth.
- If the kit contains special fabric or paper stripes, then lay them on top of the wax and iron over the hair growth.
- Wait for the wax to harden, for about 3-5 seconds.
- Tear off strips sharply opposite hair growth.
If you use wax for depilation in a jar, then follow this instruction:
- Melt the can wax in a water bath.
- Steam the skin under a shower or in a bath, then dry with a towel.
- Observing the direction of hair growth, apply liquid wax with a spatula to the skin. Do not make the strips too large - it will be more painful.
- Glue the paper strip on the wax, for a better fit, iron it also in the direction of hair growth.
- After waiting for the wax to solidify, jerk the edge of the strip with a sharp movement, observing the direction already against the growth of hairs. Do not pull the strip up so as not to damage the skin - do this only along the body.
- Remove the remaining hairs with tweezers.
If you are a happy owner of a special set for depilation, then use the following recommendations:
- Remove the protective film from the head of the new cartridge.
- Take wax, place the cartridge there, plug the device into the network.
- While the appliance heats up for about half an hour, spread your legs, wipe with a dry towel.
- Turn the appliance upside down for 2-3 seconds and run it along the hair growth. The strip should be no more than 10 cm.
- Place the machine itself vertically and on a flat surface so that the wax does not leak.
- Check the cartridge for temperature - if it has cooled, then place it again in the wax.
- Similar to hair removal in addition to the legs are suitable for hair removal of the hands, bikini, back and abdomen.
In this area, it is especially important to ensure dry skin. To do this, after cleaning and drying, powder it with talcum powder. So even with a little sweat, there will be no excess moisture. Your further actions should be as follows:
- Heat the wax to an acceptable temperature in a water bath.
- Spatula with small strokes, distribute it in the armpits along the hair growth.
- Put special strips on top, leaving at least one centimeter free so that there is something to take on when they are removed.
- Wait 3-5 seconds and sharply tear off the paper strips, only already in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Unwanted antennae and beard are also easily removed by waxing at home. Here's what to do:
- Clean and degrease the area of the face where hair removal is intended.
- Distribute the heated wax in thin strips, observing the direction of hair growth.
- Place special fabric or paper strips on top. Leave the tip so that you can grab hold of it.
- After the wax has set, sharply tear off the strip opposite to the growth of hairs.
- Remove all the strips.
What is the set for hair removal
Hair removal kits include several items:
- Wax heater or cartridge wax. Has 1 or 2 applicators. The device is required for heating and melting the wax. Due to the fact that the action is based on thermal insulation, hairs are removed quickly and safely. Cost from 600 r.
- Cartridge. Cassettes have heads for different parts of the body. A narrower nozzle is designed for the bikini zone. The whole cartridge is enough for 2 hair removal procedures on both legs. Cost from 100 r.
- Stripes. More convenient for storage, because they are sold already chopped or in whole rolls. Quite an acceptable price is 200 p. for 200 strips. Cheaper ones may tear or ineffectively remove hairs.
Depilatory can wax can be hot, warm and cold. The first type has a solid structure and can be used several times. Only hot wax requires strict control of the temperature and the exposure time of the product on the skin to avoid burns. The second form is more optimal for home use. It contains pine resin and a softener in the form of honey or beeswax. The latter variety is less effective and more painful, so it is not recommended to choose it for use on the face, in the bikini area and armpits.
How to wash off the remnants of wax
Most hair removal kits include special wipes, which are impregnated with an oil-based compound, which makes it easy to remove stickiness from wax and moisturize irritated skin. Do not use brushes, soapy water or just rubbing with your hands to wipe the skin from the remnants of wax, as this will increase the stickiness or damage. There are other ways to deal with wax residues:
- Oil. You can choose any: olive, vegetable or baby. Take cotton wool soaked in oil, put it in the place of hair removal. Then wipe off the wax residue.
- Fat cream. You need to smear sticky places with a sufficient layer - this will help remove residues, and also moisturize the skin.
- Lotions and sprays. Special products for removing wax residues. They can be bought at the same pharmacy or store where the wax itself is purchased. It is necessary to apply after reading the instructions.
Even the safety and gentle effects of wax procedures cannot ensure their use under several conditions. Epilation should be done with caution or completely excluded in the following cases:
- With diabetes. This disease is characterized by delayed regeneration, which can lead to septic complications.
- The presence of neoplasms on the skin, such as moles, warts, acne or papillomas. Other diseases related to the state of the epidermis.
- Vein disease - varicose veins.
- Individual intolerance to the components of the hair removal product. Before the procedure, it is recommended to conduct tests for sensitivity and allergies, applying the composition to a small area of the skin.
- The entire period of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Heart disease of varying complexity.
- Blood clotting problems.
Skin Care after Hair Removal
Waxing at home or in a professional salon is a stressful procedure for the skin, so it is important not only to properly perform the hair removal process, but also to care for the skin surface. Follow a few simple rules:
- If severe irritation is not observed, then simply lubricate the skin with baby cream. It calms and moisturizes well.
- In case of severe redness and obvious stains, disinfect the skin with an antiseptic agent containing chamomile, aloe or green tea.
- If the skin began to itch or large bruises and burning appeared - make a compress from a decoction of calendula or chamomile.
- Carefully use baby powder or talcum powder - they can clog pores and irritate the epidermis.
- Day after the procedure do not use deodorants, perfumes or other cosmetics.
- Daily lubricate the skin with special cosmetics that slows hair growth and softens the skin.
- Within 2 days after hair removal, avoid exposure to the sun, visits to the solarium, so that inflammation and pigmentation do not appear.
- At least a day refrain from visiting the baths and saunas.
The places of hair removal after the procedure are not recommended to massage or rub, so as not to increase redness. Ingrown hairs, which on the skin surface look like black dots, provide additional discomfort. Do not remove them with a needle or tweezers - this increases the risk of infection. To resolve the problem, use the peeling procedure a few days after hair removal. Just use special scrubs or massage your skin with a washcloth.
Learn more about how to use wax for hair removal.
For the sake of beauty, women carry out a variety of procedures, even those that are painful. This list also includes waxing. With the apparent ease of the procedure, different parts of the body require compliance with their rules of execution. To reduce skin irritation after hair removal and to maintain a smooth effect for a long time, see below useful videos about the technology of removing unwanted hairs with wax.