Headache, lethargy, drowsiness, accompanying the whole day, frequent dizziness, meteorological dependence - all these are signs of low blood pressure (BP). Doctors call these symptoms vegetovascular dystonia or hypotension. Being overweight is not limited to older people who are overweight. Often, young, slender and apparently healthy people face headaches and hypotension. Why is there a decrease in blood pressure, how to normalize it? Let's figure it out.
Causes of Low Blood Pressure
Statistics found that women are more prone to such an insidious ailment as low blood pressure than men. The presence of hypotension for women indicates blood pressure less than 100/60, and for men - 110/70. Teenagers at school also often experience weakness during the day. What negatively affects the vessels of the brain, heart and the body as a whole? To normalize the state of the cardiovascular system, you need to get rid of the following factors:
- Our ladies spend a large amount of time indoors, moving a little.
- Walking in the fresh air is a rare occurrence.
- More emotional in nature, women are more likely to be stressed.
- Malnutrition, episodic diets
- Overfatigue, sleep deficiency.
- Insufficient amount of water consumed.
- Weakened body immunity.
How to increase blood pressure at home without medication
People suffering from hypotension know that it is possible to quickly increase pressure at home without medication, if the health of the body is only starting to deteriorate. To stop the process of lowering blood pressure an adult will help a cup of strong coffee or sweet tea. But do not consider these drinks a panacea for the disease. The positive effect will come, but will be short-term, after a while dizziness and weakness will resume.
Oriental medicine, having the experience of many centuries, suggests how, with the help of light pressure in certain places, to restore the well-being of the body, to get rid of dizziness, headache, weakness. Try to influence the active zones. Massage the following points helps the vessels of the brain and heart to function normally:
- If you feel weak or dizzy, rub your ears.
- Press several times on the point located between the tip of the nose and upper lip, the condition will begin to normalize.
- Rub your thumb on your left hand.
So that the body does not suit you with a “swing”, you need to change your daily routine and try to stick to it. Having become accustomed to the necessary loads, the cardiovascular system and the brain themselves raise pressure, normalize the physical condition of the body. To avoid dizziness and weakness in the future, follow these recommendations:
- For hypotensive patients, sleep should be at least 10 hours. Having the opportunity to arrange a "quiet hour" in the daytime, take advantage, it will benefit.
- Do not get up abruptly from bed. Awakening should be smooth, rise should be gradual. Stretch the pleasure for several minutes, otherwise dizziness can not be avoided.
- Light gymnastics should become a daily ritual.
- A contrast shower can bring real pleasure.
- For hypotension, eat small meals, but 4-5 times a day. With heavy consumption of food, a large amount of blood "leaves" the brain, heading towards the stomach. Undesired dizziness, weakness, headache may occur. The food should be full, with the content of fats, proteins and carbohydrates in the right amount.
- The workplace hypotonic should be well lit. If it is not possible to be near the window, put a more powerful lamp. In bright light, endorphins are produced - catalysts for good mood and vitality.
- Ventilate the room more often. Fresh air with moderate humidity will help the body normalize, maintain optimal blood pressure and prevent headaches.
What pills to raise lower pressure
Preparations, dosage and method of treatment are prescribed by the doctor after a detailed examination of the body. Here is a list of medications that help increase blood pressure at home (can be recommended by a doctor):
- Ascorbic acid (increases the elasticity of blood vessels, including the brain)
- Askofen (caffeine included)
- Citramon (relieves headache, normalizes blood pressure)
How to increase pressure during pregnancy
To increase (normalize) the pressure during pregnancy, do not abuse drugs without a doctor's prescription. Freshly squeezed pomegranate juice is an excellent remedy for weakness, which increases hemoglobin and blood pressure. Fresh berries, vegetables, fruits stimulate the circulatory system of the expectant mother. The use of beef liver, lemon, buckwheat, blackcurrant, butter, black and green tea will help increase tone and normalize blood pressure. With hypotension, before taking ginseng tincture, Eleutherococcus, be sure to consult a doctor.
Folk remedies to increase pressure
- With hypotension, drink tincture of ginseng, Eleutherococcus and Chinese magnolia vine in 30-35 drops.
- A healthy sleep, which normalizes blood pressure, will come if you inhale the vapors of an alcohol solution of valerian.
- To the heels, attach a piece of tissue dipped in apple cider vinegar - this will relieve a headache.
- Make a cup of strong coffee or tea (in the morning) for energy. Blood pressure will drop for a while.
- A pinch of salt placed on the tongue will alleviate the condition caused by hypotension. If you feel uncomfortable, you can eat salted nuts or canned cucumber.
- Cinnamon tincture (brew a teaspoon of this spice in a glass of boiling water). If desired, add natural honey, which helps strengthen the body's immunity.
- Hibiscus hot tea (in cold form, on the contrary, it lowers blood pressure).
- Drink cool citrus drinks, fruit drinks. This is especially true in the hot season to avoid dehydration.
- Cognac 25 grams in pure form or added to coffee can slightly raise lowered blood pressure.
- Ginger tea will not only increase the body's immunity, but also help strengthen the blood vessels of the heart and brain.
- You can eat a piece of dark bitter chocolate, which will relieve headaches and raise low blood pressure.
- Essential oils: jasmine, rosemary, cloves (drip on a handkerchief, breathe a few minutes).
Video: ways to raise low blood pressure in humans
The simple guidelines suggested in the video below are familiar to most people. But sometimes we forget how important it is to observe a sleep pattern, eat right and maintain our body. Following the tips for increasing blood pressure in the video, you can avoid a malfunction of the body when you feel dizzy, and feelings of constant fatigue and drowsiness interfere with a full life and work. Remember the doctor’s special recommendations and follow them, then there will be less health problems.Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.