The unpleasant consequences of an injury resulting from a bruised knee often arise as a result of improperly provided care. Severe pain, limited mobility can accompany a person all his life. It is important to know what to do in this situation.
First aid for knee injury
If as a result of a fall, exposure to stress, a person received a knee injury, it is necessary to call an ambulance. Prior to the arrival of physicians, measures should be taken to alleviate the condition of the victim. When providing first aid, you need:
- To exclude the load, to ensure peace of the injury site.
- Put a person by lifting his leg on a low pillow, or make an elevation from improvised means, ensuring the outflow of blood.
- Lay a splint to limit knee mobility by locking it above and below the injury site.
- Use cold to stop the formation of a hematoma.
First aid includes such activities:
- If a knee injury, when falling, is accompanied by damage to the skin, treat the area around the wound with antiseptics - iodine, hydrogen peroxide.
- To calm the victim, give him Valerian extract.
- In case of severe pain, use analgesics - Pentalgin, Nurofen.
- In the absence of an open wound, apply Heparin ointment, Troxevasin, Nise to the surface, which will relieve swelling, inflammation.
In case of knee injury, treatment tactics include the use of drugs. Prescribe tablets and topical agents - ointments, gels. The effectiveness of such medicines:
There are contraindications
Prevent blood clots
Locally irritating (warming)
Do not use during exacerbation
Relieve pain, swelling
Have a resolving effect
Reduce inflammation, pain,
Have no contraindications
A severe knee injury requires long-term treatment. To improve the condition, it is recommended to do physiotherapy. Their task is to restore joint mobility, to activate blood circulation. Effective treatments:
- Microwave therapy - increases vascular permeability, promotes the output of decay products.
- Diadynamophoresis with analgesics - relieves pain.
- UHF - normalizes lymph flow, dilates capillaries, accelerates recovery.
To remove the inflammatory process, to restore the movement of the knee joint, it is necessary to do the following physiotherapy:
- Magnetotherapy - activates blood flow, relieves spasm of blood vessels.
- Cryotherapy - exposure to cold - relieves swelling, stops hemorrhages.
- Laser therapy - removes pain.
- Paraffin wax applications - improve knee mobility.
- Electrophoresis with anti-inflammatory ointments, hydrocortisone - accelerates healing.
Traumatologists recommend using traditional healers along with conservative methods of therapy. To relieve pain, inflammation, it is useful to make compresses. By prescription you need:
- mix in a spoonful of water, olive oil, apple cider vinegar;
- impregnate flannel fabric with the composition;
- attach it to the site of the bruise;
- wrap the knee with cellophane;
- cover with a towel on top;
- fix without squeezing;
- withstand 4 hours.
Folk remedies must be used until the symptoms are completely eliminated. To prevent swelling, resorption of hematomas, it is recommended to use aloe juice. It is necessary to cut the leaf of the plant, wipe it with a bruise, leave until absorbed. The procedure is performed 4 times a day. Homemade ointment helps to quickly restore mobility. To prepare it, you need:
- take 3 tablespoons of unsalted fat, spruce resin, birch tar;
- mix until smooth;
- leave for a day in a warm, dry place;
- apply to the bruised area twice a day.