Medicines that contain strains of live bacteria are called probiotics. Funds are sold in different forms of release, with different compositions. There are unicomponent probiotics in which there is only one type of microorganism, and multicomponent. For the female body, these drugs play a particularly important role.
Why do women need probiotics
The normal functioning of the microbial ecosystem of the vagina is one of the most powerful factors that impede the development of diseases of the female genitourinary tract.Probiotics are living microorganisms (most often bifidobacteria and lactobacilli), which, when administered correctly, have a positive effect on the body. A sufficient number of them provides the woman with beauty, a calm pregnancy, the birth of a healthy child, strong hair, strong bones. The normal vaginal flora is 90% lactobacilli. -
How to choose drugs with lactobacilli for women
Lactobacilli are gram-positive microaerophilic or optionally anaerobic microorganisms from the Lactobacillaceae family. They are able to convert lactose and other carbohydrates into lactic acid. Normally, lactobacilli are present in the intestinal and vaginal flora of women, where they make up most of the microflora. Medicines with Lactobacillaceae are prescribed:
- for the treatment of dysbiosis of different origin;
- with diseases of the oral cavity caused by pathogens;
- in preparation for gynecological surgery;
- for the treatment of urogenital diseases (chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes and others);
- for the prevention of dysbiosis before pregnancy and childbirth.
The doctor will help the woman choose the probiotic correctly, depending on the purpose of the admission. With an independent choice, you need to consider some factors:
- The microorganisms contained in the preparations must be live and non-pathogenic.
- The drug should have an acid-resistant capsule, since strains that do not have this survive only 20-40%.
- When choosing between bifidobacteria and lactobacilli, you should be aware that the former strengthen, and the latter have a laxative effect.
- Lactobacilli will help neutralize toxins in case of intestinal upset of an infectious nature, relieve inflammation in colitis, enteritis, and normalize microflora after taking antibiotics.
- Bifidobacteria increase the body's defenses.
Vaginal candidiasis (thrush) develops in a woman when an acidic environment is created in the vagina, in which bacteria of the Candida genus begin to multiply actively. In the treatment of the disease, an integrated approach is important: diet, bowel cleansing, taking systemic drugs. With vaginal candidiasis, drugs with bifidobacteria as the main or additional treatment will be effective. The best probiotics for thrush in women:
- Probifor. Provides a stable colonization of the vagina by normal microflora.
- Bifidumbacterin. The action of the drug is aimed at suppressing the activity of pathogens, normalizing the acid level.
- Biovestin It has antagonistic activity against many types of pathogenic microorganisms.
When planning a pregnancy
In order for a woman to avoid common problems during pregnancy (constipation, toxicosis, dermatological pathologies), even during her planning, doctors prescribe the use of probiotics. The most effective drugs that are used in gynecology for these purposes:
- Vagilac. It normalizes the pH of the vagina, increases the number of beneficial microorganisms, and prevents recurrence of thrush.
- Acipol. Kefir fungi, which are part of the probiotic, restore the normal balance of bacteria in the body of the expectant mother.
- Bifilis (suspension). Normalizes digestion processes, improves immunity.
- Narine Forte. The fermented milk product restores the acid-base balance in the vagina.
To eliminate allergy symptoms
Probiotics are actively used to remove allergens from the gastrointestinal tract. The following drugs effectively cope with allergic reactions:
- Ecoflor. Reduces endogenous and exogenous intoxication of the body, normalizes the gastrointestinal tract.
- Trilact. It neutralizes the effect of toxins, inhibits the growth of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Bifidum BAG. Creates a protective film on the mucous membrane that prevents the penetration of bacteria, helps to cleanse the intestines.
To maintain health
Doctors prescribe probiotics for adults, not only for the treatment of dysbiosis, but also for its prevention. To avoid the side effects of taking antibiotics, prolonged hormonal therapy, or for quick recovery after an illness, it is recommended that you take the following drugs:
- Linex. Provides optimal effects of digestive enzymes, increases the body's immune reactivity.
- Bacterial balance. Improves metabolic processes, effectively eliminates intestinal dysfunctions.
- Acylact. Contains acidophilic bacteria that contribute to the normalization of the microflora of the vagina and intestines.
How to take probiotics
Dosage and method of use depend on the form of release of the drug. There are liquid and dry probiotics. The first form is represented by living bacteria, and the second by capsules, powder and tablets, in which dried microorganisms are located. Adults, as a rule, are prescribed drugs in a dry form, and for children - in a liquid form. If the doctor does not prescribe an individual regimen for the woman, then the probiotic is used for 1-2 tablets an hour after each meal. The average duration of treatment is from 2 weeks to 2 months.
The cost of probiotics depends on many factors: producer, generation (monocomponent, multicomponent, self-eliminating antagonists, combined), quantities in the package, marketing policy of the outlet. The average price of drugs in Russia:
Price / rubles
dry in bottles, powder in sachets, capsules, suppositories, liquid concentrate
powder in sachets, capsules
dry lyophilisate, powder, suppositories
Natalia, 32 years old. I was prescribed by a neurologist probiotic Trilact as an additional therapy for neurotic disorder. I was constantly annoyed, depressed, could not sleep. I turned to the recommended specialist - I was diagnosed with neurosis. I do not know how much the probiotic helped in the complex treatment, but after 2 months the depressive state passed.
Anastasia, 19 years old. I have been diagnosed with parasitic invasion. The doctor said that this could happen against a background of reduced immunity, and prescribed the administration of antiparasitic drugs. To avoid side effects from prolonged therapy with such strong drugs, I prescribed a probiotic Bifidum BAG. The treatment was successful, no intestinal upsets occurred after it.
Elena, 54 years old. I believe that a woman at any age, especially with menopause, needs to drink a course of probiotics several times a year to normalize microflora. Every three months I take different drugs for 14-21 days (alternate). Prefer complex probiotics Florin forte or Bifiform.Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.